10 Steps to Developing Your Style Signature
When style communicates the principles of our personality, in any setting, our business acumen increases. It’s bound to. Anytime our bodies radiate confidence, we generate more charisma. Charisma is very attractive.
- Communicate who you are in all you do. Consistency is power. When the various pieces of your life reflect your essence, your life moves in the direction you want it to.
- Visual and sensory choices are driven by self-perception. Our image is a composite of our beliefs, history and desires. Check in on your story, how do you talk about yourself to your self? Change the story if it doesn’t support you.
- Style matters. Accept that as fact. The design of your life can inspire or mire you. Every aesthetic and material choice sends a message to the world about who you are, the world responds accordingly.
- Authenticity is energizing, economical and efficient. The better you know yourself the clearer your choices. Self-awareness leads to true style.
- Work From the Outside, In. Surface changes have the power to alter your inner landscape.
- True style is not dependent on wealth, and wealth does not necessarily create good style. On a budget or on easy street, you owe it to yourself to find a way to be genuinely you.
- Only love is free – everything else costs. Whether it’s time, space, emotion or resources, we pay for what we choose. Create more value by purchasing what you love and what’s useful in your life.
- Contrast makes things interesting. Too much sameness dulls the senses. Create a twist.
- Pay attention to what attracts you. One of the most powerful questions you can ask is, “what am I drawn to?”
- Make more choices – moment-to-moment, day-to-day. You are the designer of your life. Be selective, creative and intentional in every possible way.